Friday, October 25, 2013

get things straight and some pumpkin muffins

I want this to be an uplifting blog. I never want to make others feel crappy because they didn't cook at home one day. Or because you don't "bake" that often. Or you don't feel crafty enough. None of that stuff! I am here to simply share my ideas. My pictures aren't perfect. I probably have one or two kids at my feet asking me for mac & cheese because they don't want what I just freakin' cooked. All that lovely stuff. Pictures look appealing, but that isn't to say life is like this always or anything of the sort. I like to go out to eat. But with the husband in school and me working two jobs and being a mom, going out to eat isn't like it used to be and it's expensive for something I could do at home! Anyway. I just wanted to share this because I blog because I love to share recipes, not to make others feel inadequate. You are great! Here is to a super awesome pumpkin spice muffins!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
For the Muffins:

  • 1½ cups quick oats
  • 1½ cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • ¾ cup non fat greek yogurt PLAIN
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
¾ cups pumpkin

  • For the Filling:
  • 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese {low fat}, softened
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • ¼ cup (or less) almond milk


Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan with paper liners {or spray non stick cooking spray}
  2. In a large bowl incorporate the quick oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt gently
  3. Make a small well in the center of the dry mixture and add the greek yogurt, eggs, oil and pumpkin. Combine it all together & the batter will be super thick {perfect}
  4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan evenly {fill cups pretty much all the way}
  5. Bake for 15-18 minutes. A pick inserted into the center will come out clean. {adjust time as needed}
  6. While the muffins bake make the cream cheese filling. Beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle in the milk a little at a time and beat to reach your desired consistency {I like thick filling}
  7. Let the muffins cool and top with frosting. BEST BREAKFAST, and snack! ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy!